Ready Player 1 - Virtual Outreach and Community

 Ready Player 1 Project

Minecraft and its Virtual Community

I played Minecraft a lot growing up as a kid, so this game is a large part of my childhood. As soon as I finished my homework, my brother and I would hop online and watch each other play minigaame after minigame on different servers. Minecraft is a huge community, and even still a decade after Minecraft was first created, the community only continues to grow. Communities persist outside of the game on various social media platforms, especially Youtube. Minecraft shaped the Youtube sphere that we have today. The most popular "lets plays" (series where Youtubers play the game and upload the footage) introduced billions to the game. 

Minecraft's influence cannot be overstated. And despite the simple concept of the game, it has thrive in the game scene. It's a game that anyone can pick up and play. This is why I loved this project. Even though the goal was just to speak with Sam's online friend, we ended up meeting a whole new friend. That's just how easy it is to meet people on this game. In such a versatile and open environment, it's easy to see how the community has grown to 93 million monthly active users in a little over 10 years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death, and Robots - Pop Squad

Introduction Post (For fun)

Bladerunner and AI Notes