The Red Pill vs the Blue Pill

The blue pill - continuity of the current state of life i.e. living life without knowing its meaning or running away from the truth in order to stay as comfortable as possible

I was assigned to defend the blue pill. Truly, though it isn't the most popular, I think there is a compelling argument behind it. One thing I wish we got from the movie is a look inside of the Matrix, more than we did. I think it would give us a better look of what was like inside of the matrix. However, from the look we did get, it looks just like a reflection of our world, just in the 1990s obvious. My main question is, how bad is it really to live in the Matrix?

We can see in the movie that even when people are freed, they aren't necessarily happy. It takes Neo quite a while to adjust to his new life. Cypher is obviously unhappy, selling out his friends who he has fought besides, just because it isn't worth it to keep fighting. It's a miserable existence of gross food, constantly fighting for your lives with no guarantee that it will ever end without a chosen one. That doesn't even begin to mention the awakening you would have.

Realizing that you're just You learn the most mind boggling facts about your reality, that you are quite literally a cattle to a bunch of AI. Anyone you’ve ever loved, talked too, or even just worked with could have been an entirely fabricated person. Morpheus said himself, sometimes people don't accept the truth and never wake up again. Additionally, is there even a way to tear this place apart? From what we see when Neo, this is an army of robots. Sure, the resistance is there, but how likely is it to succeed. Even if you get out, there's not likelihood that you will actually succeed unless you have "the one" on your side.

Now, I don't think that the blue pill is necessarily the right choice. But I also don't think the red pill is the right choice. I think it really depends on what you personally want to do. For some people, the red pill will be better. For others, the blue pill will be better. I don't thing either choice is wrong. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. However, I know that if I, and most people, were put into that decision, I would take the blue pill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death, and Robots - Pop Squad

Introduction Post (For fun)

Bladerunner and AI Notes